London, Dec 18: Goodness Gracious Me's Meera Syal might be the next `Doctor Who', according to sources.
According to reports, BBC chiefs may pick an ethnic doctor to take over from David Tennant in the New Year.
Comic Catherine Tate is also in the frame to be the first Time Lady in the show's history, reports the Sun.
A source said: "The BBC really wants to shake things up. There is no reason storyline wise why the Doctor cannot be a woman and from any ethnic background.
"The Doctor has morphed before and will do so again.
"To keep the edge they need to change and update the show otherwise there is a danger it will look tired." (ANI)
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue