London, Dec 18: Goodness Gracious Me's Meera Syal might be the next `Doctor Who', according to sources.
According to reports, BBC chiefs may pick an ethnic doctor to take over from David Tennant in the New Year.
Comic Catherine Tate is also in the frame to be the first Time Lady in the show's history, reports the Sun.
A source said: "The BBC really wants to shake things up. There is no reason storyline wise why the Doctor cannot be a woman and from any ethnic background.
"The Doctor has morphed before and will do so again.
"To keep the edge they need to change and update the show otherwise there is a danger it will look tired." (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study