London, Dec 18: Goodness Gracious Me's Meera Syal might be the next `Doctor Who', according to sources.
According to reports, BBC chiefs may pick an ethnic doctor to take over from David Tennant in the New Year.
Comic Catherine Tate is also in the frame to be the first Time Lady in the show's history, reports the Sun.
A source said: "The BBC really wants to shake things up. There is no reason storyline wise why the Doctor cannot be a woman and from any ethnic background.
"The Doctor has morphed before and will do so again.
"To keep the edge they need to change and update the show otherwise there is a danger it will look tired." (ANI)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name