London, Dec 18: Goodness Gracious Me's Meera Syal might be the next `Doctor Who', according to sources.
According to reports, BBC chiefs may pick an ethnic doctor to take over from David Tennant in the New Year.
Comic Catherine Tate is also in the frame to be the first Time Lady in the show's history, reports the Sun.
A source said: "The BBC really wants to shake things up. There is no reason storyline wise why the Doctor cannot be a woman and from any ethnic background.
"The Doctor has morphed before and will do so again.
"To keep the edge they need to change and update the show otherwise there is a danger it will look tired." (ANI)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak