Miami, March 22 : India's Leander Paes and his French partner Michael Llodra advanced to the second round of the ATP Miami Masters here with a straight-set victory over Germany's Christopher Kas and Philipp Kohlschreiber.
The seventh seeds beat the German pair 6-3, 7-5 Thursday night and will now face the winners of the match between Grigor Dimitrov-Frederik Nielsen and Christian Harrison-Ryan Harrison.
The Indian-French duo hardly faced any difficulty in the first set and dispatched their opponents after converting one of the four break points on offer.
However, the second set was a tighter affair as the German team put the seventh seeds serve under tremendous pressure.
They created eight break point opportunities but were able to convert just one which in the end proved to be their downfall.
Paes and Llodra, on the other hand, converted two of the four break point opportunities they created.
Mahesh Bhupathi and his partner Daniel Nestor will play their first match in the tournament against the French team of Richard Gasquet and Edouard Roger-Vasselin later Friday.
Somdev Devvarman will also play his second round men's singles match Friday against World No. 34 Feliciano Lopez of Spain.(IANS)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore