Guwahati, July 18 : Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, is inaugurating "Aam Aadmi Ka Sipahi,"a flagship idea to popularize UPA Government's programmes by the Youth Congress.
The programme ''Aam Aadmi Ka Sipahi'' has been planned to train local youths in different ways of communicating at the grassroots and popularising the UPA''s flagship programmes like the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) and the use of Right to Information Act.
Rahul will be accompanied by a team of Microsoft computer experts who would train people in e -governance and use of computers.
Tight security arrangements have been made for Gandhi's visit. He is also scheduled to interact with college students at a programme organized by the National Students Union of India. (NSUI)
Gandhi would address a meeting of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee in Guwahati. Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, APCC President Hiteshwar Saikia would be accompanying Gandhi in his daylong tour of Assam. (ANI)
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products