Dhule (Maharashtra), Oct 12 : Curfew was relaxed for three hours in Maharashtra''s violence-hit Dhule district on Sunday.
According to police, the curfew was relaxed by the district administration from 8:00 a. m. as the situation is under control.
So far, no reports of fresh violence have been reported since Thursday.
Police have arrested 250 people in connection with the riots.
Dhule (Maharashtra), Oct. 8 : Curfew continued for the fourth consecutive day in Maharashtra''s violence-hit Dhule townon Wednesday.
Violence erupted in the old town area on Tuesday. So far, seven people have died and over 100 people have been injured in the clashes. Several shops were torched as well as damaged.
Congress party leaders claimed that the alleged involvement of their party in the incidents of violence would be investigated.
New Delhi/Dhule, Oct 8: Union Minister of State for Home Sriprakash Jaiswal will visit Dhule district of Maharashtra to review the situation.
According to Home Ministry spokesman, Jaiswal is scheduled to have a meeting with leaders of various communities to ensure immediate restoration of peace.
Meanwhile, the situation in Dhule is tense but under control.
According to official sources, the death toll has risen to seven. Police has arrested more than 250 anti-social elements.
Dhule, Maharashtra Oct 7: Communal violence in Dhule district of Maharashtra that has claimed five lives erupted again on Monday night forcing the administration to re-issue shoot-at-sight orders.
Incidents of stone pelting and fires were reported from some areas.
Curfew was lifted but tension remains in areas around Dhule in Sakri, Laling, Karasa, Valjai road.
Clashes began on Sunday morning at Lal Kandil Chowk after people of two communities allegedly clashed when banners of a Hindu outfit were found damaged.
Police had to fire in the air and use tear-gas to control the mob. Additional forces have also been called in and the situation is still tense. (ANI)
- Sony's SmartEyeglass to be available for purchase by March
- Electric car sets new 204.9 miles-per-hour world land speed record
- Facebook dispenses apprehensions about its iOS8 app privacy setting changes in blog post
- Online attack on eBay puts buyers' credentials at risk: Report
- Microsoft develops keyboard designed for iOS, Android, Windows tabs
- Siemens Plans to Acquire Dresser-Rand for $6 billion Says Sources
- OSI Group to Cut 340 Jobs in China in Relation to Food Safety Scandal
- PARK(ing) Day Celebration Turns Parking Spots into Temporary Parks
- Oasis Beverages a Russian Company Buys Pabst
- About 6.4 trillion calories to be cut from food products