Washington, Oct. 10 : A Fisher-Price manufactured "Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo" doll has raised the hackles of parents'' for delivering Islamic messages.
The web site www. kjrh. com quoted customers as saying that they have heard the doll mumble "Satan is King," and "Islam is the Light."
There are no markings on the box to indicate that there''s anything Islamic about this doll, but several versions of it have appeared on the shelves of Wal-Mart and Target stores in Owasso, Wisconsin.
The dolls are sold nationwide.
A Target spokesperson said their company has no plans to pull the doll from all of its shelves.
''The only scripted word the doll says is ''mama," said Juliette Reashor, Senior Mgr. Public Relations at Fisher-Price.
A statement from the company said: "The Little Mommy Cuddle ''n Coo dolls feature realistic baby sounds including cooing, giggling, and baby babble with no real sentence structure. The only scripted word the doll says is "mama." There is a sound that may resemble something close to the word "night, right, or light."
"Because the original sound track is compressed into a file that can be played through an inexpensive toy speaker, actual sounds may be imprecise. Attached is the original sound file for your reference, in which you can clearly hear that the doll does not say any phrases or words. We remain confident in the high quality standards of our Little Mommy Cuddle ''n Coo dolls." (ANI)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name