Helsinki - An extra passenger was Thursday added to the passenger list after the surprise birth of a baby girl onboard a flight operated by Finnish carrier Finnair, reports said Friday.
The in-flight birth, a first for Finnair, occurred at an altitude of 11,000 metres over Kazakhstan. The plane had left Bangkok for Helsinki.
"The pilot had considered an emergency landing in Moscow, but there was no immediate need," Finnair spokeswoman Hanna-Kaisa Nurmi told local media.
A physician and two nurses onboard assisted cabin crew with the birth. Via satellite telephone they were also able to consult with experts on the ground.
The mother, a Swedish national, and baby were reported to be in good health.
Finnair said it would give the family tickets for a return trip to Thailand. (dpa)
TV Shows and Politics
- Sunny Leone's Item Song 'Laila Teri Legi'
- Sunny Leone refused permission by DTCM to Perform in Dubai
- Salman Khan's Link Up with Daisy Shah; Media Again Making stories on His New Affair
- How much do Indian celebrities film stars charge for an event or a public appearance?
- Famous Television Series POLICE FILES on BIG MAGIC channel