This year the star-studded International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has chosen Macau, China, for its awards being held from 11th June to 13th June, 2009.
IIFA’s 10 successful years of existence are a proof of the integrity and the distinct place that it enjoys in the Indian film industry.
The organizers of the tenth edition of IIFA said that the event will take place at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel at Macau.
The announcement was made in front of IIFA brand ambassador, Amitabh Bachchan and government representatives of Macau.
The organizers also said that Macau is the special administrative region of the People’s Republic of China.
On the occasion, Big B said, “IIFA weekend is a wonderful opportunity to share Indian culture, thought, and business with the outside world.”
Aside from the award function, the other highlights of the weekend will be fashion extravaganza and business forum.
IIFA, which was launched in 2000 to promote Indian cinema internationally, has traveled nine countries in three continents.
- Windows 9 will be free update for Windows 8 users
- Apple says vast majority of OS X users unaffected by 'Shellshock' bug
- Apple calls complaints of bent iPhones extremely 'rare' phenomenon in its defence
- Google Glass doesn't make texting safer behind the wheel
- Samsung mulling launch of Galaxy Note 4 post Apple's big screen success