This year the star-studded International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has chosen Macau, China, for its awards being held from 11th June to 13th June, 2009.
IIFA’s 10 successful years of existence are a proof of the integrity and the distinct place that it enjoys in the Indian film industry.
The organizers of the tenth edition of IIFA said that the event will take place at the Venetian Macao Resort Hotel at Macau.
The announcement was made in front of IIFA brand ambassador, Amitabh Bachchan and government representatives of Macau.
The organizers also said that Macau is the special administrative region of the People’s Republic of China.
On the occasion, Big B said, “IIFA weekend is a wonderful opportunity to share Indian culture, thought, and business with the outside world.”
Aside from the award function, the other highlights of the weekend will be fashion extravaganza and business forum.
IIFA, which was launched in 2000 to promote Indian cinema internationally, has traveled nine countries in three continents.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak