New Delhi, Dec. 28 : The Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami today said that election to the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, are "most likely" to be held in April-May next year.
Speaking to the All India Radio in a special programme, Gopalaswami said that the revised electoral rolls would be out by the middle of next month. By March examination of students would be over and venues would be available for conducting the polls.
Gopalaswami attributed 10 to 15 per cent increase in every phase in the Jammu and Kashmir elections, less militancy in the State. (ANI)
- Microsoft has most partner friendly approach, says Satya Nadella
- Windows 9 will be free update for Windows 8 users
- Apple says vast majority of OS X users unaffected by 'Shellshock' bug
- Apple calls complaints of bent iPhones extremely 'rare' phenomenon in its defence
- Google Glass doesn't make texting safer behind the wheel