New Delhi, Dec. 28 : The Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami today said that election to the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, are "most likely" to be held in April-May next year.
Speaking to the All India Radio in a special programme, Gopalaswami said that the revised electoral rolls would be out by the middle of next month. By March examination of students would be over and venues would be available for conducting the polls.
Gopalaswami attributed 10 to 15 per cent increase in every phase in the Jammu and Kashmir elections, less militancy in the State. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study