New Delhi, Dec. 28 : The Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami today said that election to the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, are "most likely" to be held in April-May next year.
Speaking to the All India Radio in a special programme, Gopalaswami said that the revised electoral rolls would be out by the middle of next month. By March examination of students would be over and venues would be available for conducting the polls.
Gopalaswami attributed 10 to 15 per cent increase in every phase in the Jammu and Kashmir elections, less militancy in the State. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore