Indian stock markets ended the day lower with Automobile, Banking and Energy stocks facing selling pressure. Among gainers were select stocks in Capital Goods, Consumer Durables and Healthcare sectors.
Among top gainers were Ranbaxy Labs, Asian Paints, BPCL and Larsen. Among major losers were Bank of Baroda, PNB and SAIL. PNB also touched 52-week low in today's trading session.
The stocks which ended the day after hitting 52-week low include Biocon , Gammon India, Hindalco, JK Paper, Kohinoor Foods, MTNL, Novopan, Reliance Media, TVS Motor Company and TV 18 Broadcast.
Weakness for Indian currency continued compared to US dollar. INR ended at 53.97, marking its lowest ever level. As the global economic environment still remains uncertain, Indian currency is expected to witness more fall in coming weeks.
With rise in valuation of USD, the pressure on Indian government will increase more as the oil imports will cost more.
Among other news from European Union, the industrial production registered a decline of 0.3% in March. The market experts were expecting the European countries to witness an increase of 0.4%. During the trading session, CAC was down by 70 points at 3060. DAX was down by 130 points at 6450. FTSE was lower by 116 points at 5460.
TV Shows and Politics
- Sunny Leone's Item Song 'Laila Teri Legi'
- Sunny Leone refused permission by DTCM to Perform in Dubai
- Salman Khan's Link Up with Daisy Shah; Media Again Making stories on His New Affair
- How much do Indian celebrities film stars charge for an event or a public appearance?
- Famous Television Series POLICE FILES on BIG MAGIC channel