Japanese electronics major, Sony has announced that Kenichiro Hibi will take over the leadership of Sony India as the unit's managing director from July 1.
Hibi will replace current MD Masaru Tamagawa, who will move to become president for Sony Europe. Sony India is looking to increase its sales by 30 per cent in the current fiscal year. Hibi will look to boost growth and profitability of the company in the region by providing thought leadership, driving its business strategy and making sure that the company delivers excellence cross its product range.
Haruyasu Nagata, SVP in charge of Global Sales and Marketing, Sony Corporation announced the appointment of Hibi as the new head of the company's India operations.
"I am delighted to appoint Mr Kenichiro Hibi as the new Managing Director for Sony India. He has already successfully contributed to Sony's growth in the rapidly evolving Russia market, and we are confident that his experience and expertise will take our Indian operations to the next level," he said.
Hibi has worked at various diversified fields at the company for period of 23 years. He is currently working as the Managing Director of Sony CIS. According to the company, he helped in making the region one of most potential contributors in Sony's global growth plans.
TV Shows and Politics
- Sunny Leone's Item Song 'Laila Teri Legi'
- Sunny Leone refused permission by DTCM to Perform in Dubai
- Salman Khan's Link Up with Daisy Shah; Media Again Making stories on His New Affair
- How much do Indian celebrities film stars charge for an event or a public appearance?
- Famous Television Series POLICE FILES on BIG MAGIC channel