The post of the President of Punjab Youth Congress (PYC) has been given to Ravneet Singh Bittu, a close confidant of the former Congress chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh.
Bittu's grandfather was the former congress chief minister of Punjab, Beant Singh who was assassinated during the peak days of militancy in Punjab.
Five general secretaries -- Ashwani Kumar, Sukhwinder Singh, Kawalpreet Singh, Rajbir Kaur and Ratinder Kaur -- were also elected during the election process overseen by the Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi. Amarinder Singh Raja was declared the PYC vice- president.
Earlier in the day, the voters and delegates were urged by Gandhi to exercise their rights without coming under any pressure.
On the whole, 16 candidates were in the fray for the posts of President, vice-president, secretary and general secretary. All the candidates were advised to express their views on serving the masses, in the presence of Gandhi.
Nearly 2430 voters from across the state exercised their franchise.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak