The post of the President of Punjab Youth Congress (PYC) has been given to Ravneet Singh Bittu, a close confidant of the former Congress chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh.
Bittu's grandfather was the former congress chief minister of Punjab, Beant Singh who was assassinated during the peak days of militancy in Punjab.
Five general secretaries -- Ashwani Kumar, Sukhwinder Singh, Kawalpreet Singh, Rajbir Kaur and Ratinder Kaur -- were also elected during the election process overseen by the Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi. Amarinder Singh Raja was declared the PYC vice- president.
Earlier in the day, the voters and delegates were urged by Gandhi to exercise their rights without coming under any pressure.
On the whole, 16 candidates were in the fray for the posts of President, vice-president, secretary and general secretary. All the candidates were advised to express their views on serving the masses, in the presence of Gandhi.
Nearly 2430 voters from across the state exercised their franchise.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study