Mumbai, Apr 1 : The Bombay High Court has sentenced stockbrokers Ketan Parekh and Hiten Dalal to a year’s imprisonment in connection with the 1992 security scam case.
Five more have also been sentenced to a year’s imprisonment and others to six months imprisonment.
According to Justice V M Kanade of the special court, their bail will continue till July 31.
Parekh along with others, including Canfina officials were convicted on March 14 after entering into a criminal conspiracy to siphon off Rs 47 crore.
Bangalore-based Canbank Financial Services was the victim of this scam.
Money belonging to Canfina was transferred to Canbank Mutual Fund accounts in Mumbai by default, but CBMF diverted it to the accounts of Parkeh and other stockbrokers instead of returning the money to Canfina.
The transactions took place in October 1991 and January 1992. Total loss suffered by Canfina was of Rs 47.7 crore. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore