Washington D.C. [USA], Dec. 4 : Hit Japanese animation 'Your Name' might be heading to top the box office collection also in China over the weekend.
The 'CoMix Wave Films' animated teen flick scored a sensational 10.9 million dollars in its Friday opening session from a wide release pattern of 66,000 screenings that attracted 2.77 million spectators, reports Variety.
'Your Name' aka 'Kimi No Wa' is also set to depose JK Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' to a cooler 3.31 million dollars in the second place on 28,000 screenings. Its cumulative after eight days was 60.4 million dollars.
Tim Burton directed dark fantasy film 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' was the second ranked new release, placing third with 2.73 million dollars in its opening day, from 38,000 screenings.
'Allied' which stars Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard slipped to eighth over the weekend with 350,000 dollars beneath a barrage of other releases. After three days it has a cumulative of 2.78 million dollars.
'Your Name' is a modern fable in which a teen boy and a teen girl dream of swapping bodies.
Helmed by Makoto Shinkai, 'Kimi No Wa' has been included in the list of films being considered by the 'Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' ahead of nominations for the animation Academy Award.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study