India's largest engineering and construction conglomerate, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has decided to continue with the operations of its Mysore-based Medical Equipment & Systems (MED) business unit.
L&T’s MED has been providing a broad range of medical equipment which includes advanced ultrasound scanners and patient monitoring systems with a distribution network, which is spread throughout the country.
The company stated in an official release that, “In view of the overwhelming demand from our customers the L&T management has decided to retain the medical equipment business.”
The decision takes into account the interest of all stockholders, including customers and distributors, the release added.
In order to cater to the growing market needs, MED is presently setting up a new manufacturing facility on a recently acquired site close to its existing unit in Mysore.
The under construction facility is expected to be completed by March 2009.
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name