India's largest engineering and construction conglomerate, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has decided to continue with the operations of its Mysore-based Medical Equipment & Systems (MED) business unit.
L&T’s MED has been providing a broad range of medical equipment which includes advanced ultrasound scanners and patient monitoring systems with a distribution network, which is spread throughout the country.
The company stated in an official release that, “In view of the overwhelming demand from our customers the L&T management has decided to retain the medical equipment business.”
The decision takes into account the interest of all stockholders, including customers and distributors, the release added.
In order to cater to the growing market needs, MED is presently setting up a new manufacturing facility on a recently acquired site close to its existing unit in Mysore.
The under construction facility is expected to be completed by March 2009.
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak