India's largest engineering and construction conglomerate, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has decided to continue with the operations of its Mysore-based Medical Equipment & Systems (MED) business unit.
L&T’s MED has been providing a broad range of medical equipment which includes advanced ultrasound scanners and patient monitoring systems with a distribution network, which is spread throughout the country.
The company stated in an official release that, “In view of the overwhelming demand from our customers the L&T management has decided to retain the medical equipment business.”
The decision takes into account the interest of all stockholders, including customers and distributors, the release added.
In order to cater to the growing market needs, MED is presently setting up a new manufacturing facility on a recently acquired site close to its existing unit in Mysore.
The under construction facility is expected to be completed by March 2009.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin